- 27 June, 2018
- Posted by: JGA
- Category: Rare use
FSSAI – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The role & responsibility of FSSAI Dept. is to make sure that all food-related laws are being followed by food business operators. FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License is required irrespective of turnover of the FBO.
14 Digit Registration number needs to be displayed at premises.
|Below 12 Lakhs||Registration FORM A|
|12 lacs – 20 cr||State License FORM B|
|Above 20 cr||Central License FORM B|
Points worth Noting
- Pretty manufacturer with turnover less than 12 lakhs are required to register but no license is issued.
- If FBO is operating in more than 1 state, one additional license for head office is required.
For Registration at FSSAI (Form A)
- Photo of Food Business Operator
- Document for Identity PAN Card, , Aadhar Card, Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID
Additional Documents in Form B State Govt (Turnover upto 20 cr)
- List of partners/directors with Full address and contact details.
- Proof of Possession of premises (Rent Deed/Lease Deed)
- Partnership deed /MOA/AOA
- Rent Deed or copy of registry (if owned)
- Electricity Bill
- Declaration for Food Safety (Signed by Owner)
- Water analysis report from FSSAI approved lab
- Authority letter
Additional Documents in Form B Central Gove (Turnover greater than 20 cr)
- Audited Balance sheet.
Optional but recommended attachments
- Shops and establishment certificate.
- GST registration Certificate
- Photograph of Kitchen
All documents to be uploaded should be less than 3 MB in size.
Form A and State Govt Registration
Govt Registration Fee Rs 2000/ Year
Max number of Years that can be applied for is 5 years.
Central Registration Free Form B 7,500/ Year
Challan to be paid
Foods and Drugs Administration > Medical and public Health >
After payment of Challan, Signed Scanned copy of application needs to be uploaded.